At the moment my garden is dying for lack of water. I am throwing all the grey water onto the shrubs but it is making little difference. We are in a man made disaster. I say man made because I suspect the prime movers in the tragedy were men.
HINDSIGHT
Afterwards they came to agree
that it had been the last great summer
a wind blown May
a mild June
July was sunny
August picked up nicely
and September was golden
It had been as good as they were going to get
Three years later
the trees began to burn
The idea for the poem came to me on a bus. It took a couple of drafts to get it into shape and a visit to the Secret Poets. Thank you Secrets.
Maya de Vitry's new album is out and it is excellent.
Until next time.



No comments:
Post a Comment