Monday, August 3, 2026

THE FIRE IS ASH

This poem is loosely connected to another post about being evicted from Eden. It takes place the day afterwards.

THE MORNING AFTER EDEN


you wake


amazed

you had managed to sleep

after all that palaver


the fire is ash

damp grey in this drizzle

no hope of cajoling a flame


then you realise you are naked

and that is a sin


he wakes


the recriminations begin

and carry on to this day

I cannot remember what sparked the poem, possibly the image of sodden ashes. I thought that this is how the blaming began and it is still going on. I never could get my head around how Eve is blamed for everything. 

Here is Iron and Wine with a song about Jezebel, the first woman. 

Until next time.       

No comments:

Post a Comment

HE DREAMT OF SNOW

The banner reads culture is constructed not consumed! Wise words. Two poems this post that I wrote in Catalunya. The first was a dre am. The...